1 cup fresh figs, chopped
2/3 cup hot water boiled from the kettle
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup fig jam
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup diced french shallots
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine water, honey, vinegar, figs, jam and cloves.
2. Sauté shallots in olive oil until soft.
3. Add honey-fig mixture. Bring to simmer; add herbs and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mixture can be puréed till smooth or left ‘rustic’.
5. Spoon warm glaze over ham and basting every 15 minutes. Remaining glaze can be reduced by simmering and served as a delicious sauce.
Recipe by – The Cabin Fever Cook™