|Listing Id||5034646||Length||11.25 Meter|
|Model||SUN FAST 3600||Engine Type||Yanmar 21hp diesel|
|Hull Style||Single||Hull Type||Fibreglass|
This Sun Fast 3600 was launched in August 2016 and has been specifically setup for double-handed offshore yacht racing, is now available for sale with the remaining factory warranty.
The first offshore race that this boat participated in was double-handed in the Melbourne to Stanley early November 2016 where it finished 2nd overall on IRC by a mere 15 minutes from a fully crewed HH42.
It also competed in many other inshore and offshore including the 2016 Melbourne to Hobart once again sailing double handed using a fully crewed handicap, and finished 2nd overall on IRC. However it has also recently completed the 2018 Melbourne to Osaka Yacht Race (double handed) and 2018 Melbourne to Hobart, where it finished 3rd overall on IRC in each race, but also won the 2019 Melbourne to King Island Race on IRC, PHS and DH!
Designed by Daniel Andrieu, the Sun Fast 3600 was named the 2016 IRC Boat of the Year. It also benefits from the latest advances in vacuum-bagged resin infusion to ensure exceptional strength and rigidity while drastically reducing weight.
The lightweight, powerful hull with its hard chine, twin rudders and lead keel contributes to this new Sun Fast’s speed, balance and stability on all tacks. Perfectly adapted to solo, doublehanded, and crewed regattas, the Sun Fast 3600 is designed to compete in both inshore and offshore races.
- Aggressively chined hull that will significantly enhance performance and stability.
- Semi-square top efficiently shaped mainsail that will provide extra boost in lighter airs and a deliverable powertrain when the breeze is up.
- Twin tiller steering system with generous foot chocks
- Main sheet traveller in front of helm position which is easier for helm when solo and main trimmer when fully crewed.
- Outboard swept back shroud base gives excellent rig stability and optimum jib shape profiles.
- Fixed carbon bowsprit allows optimum use of Code type sails and asymmetrics, whilst still allowing use of symmetric sails if required.
- High volume interior maintains and improves the unbeatable 3200 layout with two large double berths aft, sculptured navigation station, galley, additional berths in the saloon, sail stowage and heads forward.
Local Additions include:
- North Sails 3Di wardrobe, 2 x mainsails, A0, A2, A4, A4 heavy, A5, JT, genoa staysail, spinnaker staysail & storm sails
- 2019 Quantum furling cabless zero and MH jib
- Karver Furling System
- Karver A0 and JT halyard lock
- Karver Main Reef Locks
- Ronstan Ballslide Mainsail Batten System
- B&G H5000 Hercules Instrument Package
- B&G H5000 Autopilot with remotes
- B&G VHF V50, H50 with AIS
- 4 x B&G 20/20's on mast
- Icom HF radio
- 4G Router linked into the boats instruments
- Fusion Entertainment System
- Cat 1 Safety Gear
- Four man life raft
- Plus lots more...
For more information and detailed inventory, please contact Rohan Veal on 0414 538 959 or fill in our enquiry form.