|Listing Id||5066318||Length||42.00 Feet|
|Model||OCEANIS 411||Engine Type||Inboard Diesel|
|Hull Style||Single||Hull Type||GRP|
Meticulously maintained, excellent condition
This boat has spent most of her life in fresh water and was kept on a lake before her current owners took her around the world (2 Atlantic crossings and one Pacific)
Full range of cruising electronics
Cruising draft version at 1.5m
Ducted heating and 2X air conditionings
Large Bimini and dodger with clears to provide full enclosure
SS arche to support solar panels and lift the dinghy easily
2 cabins and 2 bathrooms with showers
Brand new solar panels 3 x 180 watts (540 watts)
Brand new batteries Deka 12v AGM for house
Brand new batterie 12v standard for engine
Brand new chain for anchoring
Wind generator 450 Watts
Watermaker Spectra 30 L / h
In-mast mainsail furling and Genoa furling systems
Dinghy Highfield 310 11’ (3,1m) with 15HP Yamaha outboard
Kitchen is designed for easy and safe cooking while cruising and well equipped
Extended list of spare parts and marine equipment are included
‘Ambition I’ is in Fiji! A perfect start for new adventures in Pacific Ocean and with easy access via Nadi international airport. The owners welcome you to meet with them to go through the boat and offer to spend as long as necessary with you to show you how everything works on board and to introduce you to sailing and navigating your new yacht in safety and comfort.
Australian buyers benefit from USA Australia Free Trade Agreement (USFTA) as this boat was built by Beneteau USA. (No import duty applies.)
‘Ambition I’ is a superb yacht and the best example of the immensely popular Beneteau Oceanis 411 we have seen in many years. She has been lovingly maintained by the actual owner (since 2014) and two former owners. She is well laid-out for live aboard and extended cruising up to 6 persons . The interior is made in magnificent cherrywood in beautiful condition for her age. The cushions and the counters are also in excellent condition and present fresh and clean. The main salon is perfectly proportioned and feel like what you would expect on a much larger vessel. It is open and airy and allows direct access to the galley, navigation area and as a proper cruising yacht demands, has many roomy cupboards and dedicated storage for everything you need on a long passage. The many hatches and windows in the salon and the main bedroom make these spaces very light and well ventilated.
'Ambition I' exterior deck, hull and cockpit are spotless, not stained and damaged by life in the tropics or salt water. They are all bright white colour. This boat lived in fresh water from 2000 to 2016 (her home port was in a lake) and was only used only 3 months per year. She has known salt water only since 2016. The rigging and hardware are in excellent condition. The cockpit is large enough to accommodate 4 to 8 persons. The Bimini and dodger are waterproof. The (7) removal panels in clear plastic (full in closured) protect for the sun, the rain and the winds. The boat has a large bathing platform on the back for easy access to come on board.
'Ambition I' sails comfortably, quickly and is easy to handle alone or as a couple. Everything can be handled from the cockpit by one or two persons due to the accessible winches and well laid-out rope organizers and navigational equipment. Perfect for either roaming around the world or relaxing on anchor. Her sails are in good condition and engine is turn-key.
The owners have been living full time on the boat for the last 3 years. They sailed on the US east-coast and Bahamas islands, crossed the Atlantic Ocean twice, explored the Atlantic islands and Caribbean’s, brought the boat through Panama Canal, crossed the Pacific, and enjoyed French Polynesia before coming to Fiji. They choose this boat for their world trip because of the very good equipment, beautiful layout of both cockpit and salon with the sailing ability this model provides. This boat was never chartered. The boat is now offered for sale as the owners have decided to return to Canada and are ready to hand over their beloved boat to you in remarkable condition and with everything in working order so that you can begin enjoying life on board right away with anything more to spend.
The fridge and his separate freezer, the water maker, and the navigation equipment run on the solar panels in addition of the wind generator. This gives excellent autonomy and freedom and make the cruising experience much easier. The owners are ready for other ways to travel around the world and are hoping a new crew will enjoy ‘Ambition I’ as they did.
For more information or to organise an inspection please contact our friendly team at Nautilus Yacht Management. We would be delighted to assist you in every way and to help you make your cruising dream come true. Our agency specialises in high-quality cruising yachts and is very involved with the cruising community. We can answer all your questions regarding offshore purchase, import, registration, etc. and help you at every stage of this exciting journey!
Surely the Beneteau Oceanis 411 would have to rate as one of the most successful cruising yachts in the world. It has stood the test of time and is still very sought after on the second-hand market., especially for offshore cruisers and as a live-aboard.
The cockpit is large, as you’d expect from a yacht that’s nearly 42ft LOA, but that doesn’t detract from the internal volume of the boat.The hull is of laminated GRP with internal fibreglass ribs reinforced with unidirectional rovings.
The deck, with bonded bulkheads, is balsa sandwich for stiffness and insulation.
The 411 was designed for easy cruising with roller furling on the headsail and in-mast furling on the main.The mainsheet traveller is on the coach roof, which clears the cockpit, and there are six clutches for the control lines. The mainsheet feeds back to the portside coach roof winch. A solid boom vang is also standard fare. For safe offshore cruising all sail handling can be done from the cockpit.
The 411 is big and it’s beamy at nearly 13ft. It carries a lot of that beam aft, giving ample space for a really big aft cabin, and an aft galley that is perfect for cooking safely at sea.
The two-cabin layout (as found on 'Ambition I') frees up more space in the saloon and is favourite of cruisers.
The U-shaped dining suite to starboard can be lowered to transform into a large double bed or day bed to relax on rainy days.
To port is a lounge that doubles as the nav station. This is more appealing to the eye than the classic box-shape nav station and offers more scope for entertaining below as well as relaxing.
The aft cabin has a king-size bed, which is two metres long and 1.85m wide. There is also a hanging locker, shelving on the hull sides and seat forward of the hanging locker, as well as underneath the bed.
There is ample ventilation, with opening ports to the cockpit and hatches. There are also fixed ports in the hull for light and to watch the world go by.
The forward cabin is light and roomy with another two-metre berth, lockers, a settee, a cabinet and ample shelving.
The forward head is in the forepeak and has a manual head with a holding tank, vanity unit, shower and accessories.
The day / guest head is to port of the companionway and also has a manual loo, shower and vanity.
The finish is in cherrywood and the bench-tops are a serviceable Laminex with the overall effect being a cosy interior with plenty of light. The timber work and work surfaces are all in really beautiful condition for the age of the yacht, which could pass for a far younger boat. As the boat was used very little until 2016 and was kept on a fresh water lake, salt water corrosion or general ageing was greatly reduced both inside and out of the boat. Since 2016, in spite of her owner's extensive cruising across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, they have maintained the boat to the very best standards and never incurred any damage, both cosmetic or otherwise.
One of the things that a cruiser of this size needs is storage – and plenty of it. The 411 offers ample storage all around the boat. The two-cabin version is particularly worthy of a mention as it gets a huge storage locker on the starboard side of the cockpit where most of the third cabin would normally be. It is big enough to stow a deflated dinghy and small engine, water toys, fenders, and extra anchor. All at once!
‘Ambition’ is equipped with davits and a solidly constructed arch that will accommodate the large Hypalon RIB dinghy ( 2 years old) with its 15HP outboard, solar panels and a large Bimini that with it’s versatile clears and in-fills which will protect the entire cockpit against sun, wind or rain.
Unlike other Beneteau 411 which are fitted with the standard Volvo 50HP, ‘Ambition I’ is powered by a 56HP Yanmar which is maintained in immaculate condition. As this boat spent almost her entire life in fresh water and had little use before her current owners purchased to go cruising, it has had little exposure to the ageing and corrosive effects of salt water and as a result is far younger than it’s years.
The controls are all on the binnacle in front of the helmsman, as is the tacho and fuel gauge. Getting going is as simple as turning the key and casting off.
‘Ambition I’ is manoeuvrable for a big boat and light on the helm. She behaves well in all weather and is a breeze to get in an out of tight marina berths thanks to her large spade rudder which also allows her to reverse in a straight line. The Beneteau Oceanis 411 is a solid boat and feels like it when sailing. In the gusts it loads up, finds its angle of heel and sits there. It’s dry and comfortable in choppy seas. It is a big, strong cruiser which in spite of it’s comfortable motion at sea is capable of a very good turn of speed, even in light airs. She can effortlessly achieve 7-8 knots in a 15 knots breeze and will sail downwind without misbehaving, remaining easy to control for someone fairly new to sailing and at once satisfying for an experienced sailor who likes to put a boat through her paces.
It is easy to see why the Beneteau 411 has been chosen by thousands of serious offshore cruisers as the perfect boat for their voyage. Inexpensive to buy, comfortable, well suited to life on board, versatile, nimble and easy to handle, with a really beautiful interior, a large and well-protected cockpit, a nice transom that easily accessed from the dinghy or after a swim… the list of qualities goes on!
- Engine 56HP Yanmar (5200 hours)
- Alternator type Balmar 100 Amps
- Incorporated generator Fisher Panda 4Kw/120 V (700 hours) needs to rebuild the head
- Diesel tank 40 gallons (160 L) plus 8 Jerrycans (additional 40 gallons)
- Filter type Racor with water separator
- In-mast mainsail furling and Genoa furling systems
- Genoa 140% type Doyle on furling system with anti UV protection (2007, almost never used)
- Genoa 110% type Doyle on furling system anti UV protection (2014)
- Main sail type Doyle (2008)
- Whisker pole extensible Fore Spar 3 Reachers (installed in 2017)
- Inverter type Xantrex 2500watts / 120 V (12 VDC to 120 VAC) (2017)
- Batterie charger 40 Amp
- 3 solar panels 3 x 180 watts = 540 watts (installed in 2019)
- 6 batteries Deka 12v AGM for house (installed in 2019)
- 1 batterie 12v standard for engine (2019)
- Wind generator Marine Kinetix 450 Watts (2016)
- 4 electric cables 120 V
- GPS Garmin 741XS with AIS detection at the cockpit (installed in 2016)
- GPS Garmin 740S inside
- Electronic charts for Atlantic’s islands, Caribbean islands, South America, Pacific and Polynesia islands, New-Zealand, Australia
- Radar Garmin 18XHD (installed in 2016)
- Olympic 135 compass
- Raymarine ST 6000+ Autopilot
- Cruising instruments depth and speed type ST60
- Radio HF type ICOM model 700Pro
- Pactor PTC-IIIusb
- Antenna SSB fixed on the (pataras)
- Radio VHF type Standard Horizon Matrix G2100 with AIS reader only
- Radio AM/FM with USB plug
- Navigation lights Tri-colour at the mast LED
- Navigation lights LED
- A comfortable queen size bed in the main cabin
- A king size bed on the cabin below the cockpit
- A double size bed could be easily installed on the salon (table comes down)
- Each cabin are equipped with lockers, and lot of spaces for storage
- The main cabin has is own large bathroom with shower
- A second bathroom and shower is easier access while cruising
- Both toilets are manual Jabsco (changed in 2017 and 2018)
- 2 holding tanks (15 gallons-60 L each)
- Y vale for holding tank to open to overboard discharge or deck pump-out
- Gauges on each reservoir
- All waste pipes (plumbing) have been changed in 2016
- fridge with opening door in the front
- Separate freezer with opening door from the top
- Refrigeration system type: Alder Barber 12 volts
- 3 X burners stove with oven working with propane and butane
- 3 X propane tanks of 10 pounds are included
- double sink with drinking water filter
- salt water pump for rinsing dishes when needed
- Pressurised hot and cold water at sink and throughout the boat
- (2) Water tanks (75 gallons-300 L and 65 gallons-260 L)
- (1) Hot water tank of 6 gallons-20 L (120 volts and motor)
- All interior lights are LED
- (2) Air conditioning Cruise Air (120 V) for cold and heat air
- (1) Heater system type Espar 4D working with diesel
COCKPIT AND DECK:
- Cushions type Beneteau in good condition
- Large table
- Cockpit shower (cold and hot water)
- Large SS arche to support solar panels and lift the dinghy
- Support for the outboard
- BBQ Dickenson (connected to propane)
- (4) Winches Lewmar large size (2 54STC and 2 40STC)
- (6) Mooring cleats
- (5) large fenders
- Primary Anchor: Manson supreme (45 pounds) with 260’ (80m) of new chain and 100’ (35m) of rope (2019)
- Second Anchor: Bruce with 50’ of chain and 200’ of rope
- Electric windlass type Simpson Lawrence with deck controls
- Boom Vang (rigid)
- (2) Electric bilge pump
- (1) Manual bilge pump
- Life raft Zodiac 4 persons
- Balise de détresse EPIRB
- (2) Life sling
- (2) Life jackets type Mustang with recharge air included
- (3) standard life jackets
- (1) overboard rescue system
- Alternator type Balmar 100AMP
- Engine Starter
- Oil and fuel filters
- Engine belts
- Fresh water pump
- Bilge pump
- Jabsco Toilet pump
- Y valve
- Shower handler
- Many watermaker filters
- Spare parts for outboard Yamaha including propeller
- Many hardware parts
- Travelling pulley for (écoutes Genoa)
- Set of fuses
- LED lights
EXTRA MARINE EQUIPMENT:
- Set of cleaners, polishers, strippers, specialized use for boats
- Transfer pump oil change, extra oils
- Basic tools for maintenance
- Spear gun
- Harpoons for fish (Hawaiian sling)
- (2) snorkelling sets
- Floating basket for fish
- Life raft survival kit
- Flairs and rockets
- Dishes and glassware
- Kitchen utensils and accessories
- Bedding and quilts
- First aid kits and basic medication
DISCLAIMER: The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.