|Listing Id||5062994||Length||43.20 Feet|
|Model||OCEANIS 423||Engine Type||Inboard Diesel|
|Hull Style||Single||Hull Type||GRP|
- ALMOST COMPLETE REFIT INSIDE AND OUT BETWEEN 2015 AND 2018!
- NEW STANDING RIGGING 2015
- NEW RUNNING RIGGING 2015-2017
- FISHER PANDA 4500FCB 4.5Kw GENSET. REWIRED / REBUILT 2019
- CRUISEAIR AIR CONDITIONING THROUGHOUT THE BOAT
- RADAR, AIS TYPE TRANSC. RECEIVE AND FULL RANGE OF CRUISING ELECTRONICS.
- RAYMARINE E90W AND E120W CHART-PLOTTER WITH HUGE COLOUR TOUCH SCREENS
- NEW VOLVO TRANSMISSION 2015
- ALL NEW WIRING 2015
- NEW MAINSAIL AND JIB 2015
- ALL NEW THROUGH-HULL FITTINGS (HIGHEST QUALITY BRONZE) 2015
- NEW ELECTRIC ANCHOR WINCH 2016
- NEW RUDDER BEARINGS AND STEERING COMPONENTS 2015
- 680W SOLAR POWER AND CONTROLLERS 2015-2017
- ALL NEW COVERS AND SUN SHADE 2016
- NEW 2000W CHARGER / INVERTER 2015
- ALL NEW TROJAN AGM BATTERY BANK (690AH TOTAL) PLUS OPTIMA AGM START 2015
- NEW VOLVO 3 BLADE FOLDING PROP 2018
- NEW 90A ALTERNATOR AND SPARE 2016
- UPDATED BIMINI, DODGER, LAZY JACKS 2016
- NEW DANFOSS FRIDGE / FREEZER 2017
- NEW 400W SILENTWIND GENERATOR
- NEW AQUAPRO ALUMINIUM HYPALON RIB 10' DINGHY 2017 WITH 15HP OUTBOARD
- NEW SUNBRELLA INTERIOR UPHOLSTERY 2016
- NEW GALLEY COUNTERTOP 2017
- NEW 60" SCREEN + PROJECTOR 2016
- NEW SATELLITE PHONE IRIDIUM GO! WITH ANTENNA 2016
- ALL LED LIGHTS
- 200' CHAIN, 500' RODE, OVERSIZE CQR ANCHOR + 4 BACKUP ANCHORS
- PENDING SALE, BOAT DELIVERY TO AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND NEGOTIABLE.
This remarkable example of the highly sought after 2-cabin version of the Beneteau Oceanis 423 ticks all the boxes for a discerning buyer looking for a fully equipped, fast and comfortable boat to keep cruising or live-aboard. With a beautiful, recently renovated interior with all new top quality upholstery, a new galley top, air conditioning throughout, and all the equipment you would need to move on board today, S/V Carthago is in turn-key condition and ready for you to move on board today.
She is equipped with the very best cruising electronics and safety equipment such as AIS, radar, Iridium Go! (A satellite marvel that allows you to transform your own phone into a sat phone, make calls and receive calls, download weather, receive weather routing, send text messages and emails etc.), has a very young set of sails, and all the usual suspects such as rigging, skin fittings, anchor winch, etc. taken care off. Her inventory is simply to die for, and her owners await your visit in the paradise Fiji Islands, where they can move the boat closer to the airport in order to facilitate the logistics of your inspection. They will also volunteer to deliver the boat to Australia or New Zealand for you once you have a deposit in place, effectively saving you $$$$$ in delivery or freight costs.
Carthago's previous owners sailed her from France to Australia, then spent a few years cruising Southeast Asia before ending their trip in California, where her current owners, a young couple from the US, purchased the yacht and sailed her down to Mexico and across the Pacific all the way to Fiji, where they are now actively sailing.
They write: 'The three priorities in our boat search were speed, modernity and price, and this boat had it all. We feel really lucky having a boat as well equipped as this and know that the next owners will feel the same way. We’ve added over $120K in cruising upgrades and luxuries in the past few years to make Carthago our home on the water...and we’ve got the receipts to prove it ;) This boat has everything you need to take off on your next adventure.'
Inspired by the Open 60 Series, the Beneteau 423 rightly claims its place on the World's Top 40 Cruising Monohulls of All time. In spite of offering generously sized living areas and a huge amount of storage space for her size, she is also a responsive, fast and comfortable sailing boat, which balancing capability in all wind conditions is outstanding. Easy to sail, easy to handle, easy to park into a tight marina berth if needed, this remarkable design will never cease to amaze. Built at a time when strength and quality came first, this Beneteau 423 is a big step above more recent production boats in many ways.
Carthago has been sailing her whole life, and has never been a 'marina boat'. Thanks to this, she has never suffered from the multiple, insidious deteriorations brought by lack of use, such as corrosion to the engine, or environmental electrolysis. 'Use it or lose it' they say, and for good reasons. This is why an actively cruising boat, where everything is used every day and where the owner is always on board to keep an eye on things and everything running perfectly, is far preferable to their 'sitting ducks' equivalent in local marinas. 'Carthago' was designed to cruise, and cruise she certainly did, with her tens of thousands of miles logged all around the world, proving herself the right choice of a yacht for this purpose in every ways.
For more info please contact Anna at Nautilus Yacht Management. We have an office base in Fiji ready to help you in every way we can with the logistics of your visit and steps towards your purchase, from recommending you a very good local surveyor, to organising slipping, insurance, import to you home country, etc.
- Main Sail Full batten 3 reef Dacron 9.6oz Mainsail with mast car system.
- Genoa 51.9m2 Elvstrom Roller furling 140% genoa.
- Spare jib
- Engine Max 60kW / 80hp Volvo Penta D2-55A HP Shaft drive
- Gearbox MS25L-A
- Propeller Folding 3 blade Volvo 358340 prop, rebalanced and profiled
- Stern Gland Seal (2011)
- Rudder Bearings and bushes (2015)
- Diesel Tank 200L
- Fuel Filters: 1x Racor 500 Turbine primary, 1x Volvo backup primary, 1x Volvo secondary
- Fuel polishing system runs through either primary filte
SPARS AND RIGGING:
- Mast Classic Z-Spar main, double spreaders with lazy jacks and boom bag.
- Mast step.
- Boom Z-Spar with aluminum vang
- Spinnaker Pole Mounted to mast Z-Spar with mast car system
- Standing rigging (2015)
- Running New Spectra main halyard (2016)
- New jib and reefing lines (2016)
- New Spectra headsail halyard (2015)
- New jib furler, topping lift, mast climbing halyard, spinnaker halyard & sheets (2016)
- 2x Lewmar 48 self-tailing winches
- 1x Lewmar 30 self-tailing winches (starboard).
- 1x Electric Lewmar 30 halyard winch (port side)
- (All Raymarine equipment & AIS interfaced together)
- Raymarine E90W HybridTouch chartplotter with European Charts at Nav Station.
- Raymarine E120W HybridTouch chartplotter with Rest Of World Charts at Helm.
- Navigation Alarm External alarm buzzer with on/off switch
- Raymarine 48nm RD418HD 4kW 18″ HD Digital Radar.
- Raystar 125 GPS receiver
- Raymarine ST60 Rudder Indicator Instrument
- Raymarine ST60 Tri-data Depth, Speed, Log Instrument
- Raymarine ST60 Trasducer Wind Vane Wind Instrument (4/2015)
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot & Rudder instrument
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot & 150/400 quadrant
- Raymarine DSM300G Digital Sounder module
- Raymarine STHS Network Switch
- Raymarine B744L tri-data Sonar Transducer (A66091)
- Raymarine 218E VHF radio
- Raymarine RayMic 2nd Station
- VHF Antennae Shakespeare 5400-XT Antenna with new RG-8 cable (2015)
- Motorola SAF5350-B Fixed Mast Antenna for Iridium Sat phone (2015)
- Spare Supercal MV3S (Shark 3) VHF Antenna with new RG-58 cable
- AIS CSB200 Class B AIS Transponder (MMSI 503418800)
- Shakespeare VHF AIS stainless steel 3 foot whip antenna # 5215-AIS (2015)
- Plastimo Olympic 135 Pedestal Compass
- Shore Power 240V Switch panel, shore power cables and adapters
- Hot Water 240V and engine heated 42L HWS
- Crusair 1 x 12,000 BTU, 1 x 7000 BTU Air Conditioners
- Nav / Anchor Lights Replaced with LED bulbs. (High or low switchable stern lights for dinghy davits)
- All incandescent light bulbs replaced by low energy ‘warm’ LEDs and Mood LED’s
- Bilge 2x 200GPH Jabsco 37201-2712 bilge pumps with non-return valve
- Backup Rule 800GPH bilge pump
- Bilge switch & alarm
- Rule Auto float switch & alarm
- Manual Plastimo Bilge pump
- Water 12v pressure hot and cold water
- Heads Foreward 1x manual
- Heads Aft 1x manual
- Showers (fresh) 2x internal heated, 1x external freshwater on swim platform
BATTERIES AND ELECTRICAL:
- Fischer Panda 4500FCB 4.5kw. Rewired/Rebuilt in 2019
- Alternators 90A on engine (rebuilt 2016)
- Solar Panels 2x 100W Solbian flexible SP100L with 2 x Blue Sky 2512i charge controllers (2016)
- 4 x 120Wsolar panels added bringing the total to 680W! (June 2017)
- Silentwind 400W wind generator (2016)
- Engine Crank battery 1 x 100 amp/hr with charge isolator
- House batteries: 3x 230 AMP/HR Trojan AGM Marine batteries (2015)
- Mastervolt MASS 12/80 battery charger
- Mastervolt MASS Sine 12/2000 2kW 220V AC Inverter with C4-RI remote switch (2014)
- Mastervolt Battery Monitor BTM remote monitor
- 110V to 220V Converter
- 220V Sockets 1 in each cabin, several in saloon and galley
- 12V Sockets 1 in each cabin, 1 in saloon, 2 in cockpit
- Audio Sony CDX-H905iP Marine with CD, MP3, AM/FM tuner, remote control & iPod interface.
- Sony RM-X11M wired cockpit remote control
- Nautic 660 540W amp. 4x saloon speakers and 2x Kenwood cockpit speakers
- Video Panasonic LCD TV (12V) interfaced to stereo surround sound with remote control
- Video Sony MEX-DV1500U DVD player with USB inputs with remote control
- Antenna Mast mounted Glomex Non Directional TV Antenna & Signal booster. New antenna cable
- Life Raft Zodiac MP6C Open Sea Class 11 (6 man) with support bracket. Serviced Nov 2012
- Life Preservers 2x Mustang Deluxe inflatable, 6x adult PFD, 1x children PFD, 4x safety harness, 4x Tethers
- Self inflating Danbuoy
- Two Horseshoe life buoys with new automatic float Lights
- 406MHz GME MT403G Auto GPS EPIRB.
- Gas Detector SA-1 XL Safe-T Gas Fume Detector. Gas sensor mounted by alternato
- Flares Numerous red light and orange smoke.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit, replenished Dec 2012
- Fire Extinguishers 2x 2kg ABC (May 2011), 2x 1kg ABC Fire extinguisher (Jan 2010)
- Fire Blanket New May 2011 May 2011
- Boat hooks 1 on coach roof, one in stbd lazarette
- Flags Many various, mostly Asian and European countries
- Signalling ‘Anchor ball’ and ‘motoring cone’ day shapes
- Cooker Galley ENO 2 burner gas stove and oven
- 12V Danfoss 35 Fridge & freezer
- Weber Q120 transom-mounted BBQ
- Samsung Microwave
- Gas 2x 4kg gas bottles
- Kitchenware Galley Pots, pans, Stainless utensils, crockery, plastic cups & glasses
- Salt water rinse Galley Foot pump operated
- 500 litre Water Tanks Under Fwd & Aft bunk 1x 300L, 1x 200L.
- Dinghy – aluminum bottom Aquapro 3M (2017)
- Dinghy Davits – Removable stainless steel Weaver dinghy snap davits
- Outboard Yamaha 15HP 2-stroke
- Canvass Bimini & Strataglass dodger (updated 2016)
- Covers Bow and boom sun shade covers
- Fold away cockpit table
- Expandable saloon table that converts to a large double bed
- Saltwater deckwash shower hose
- bottom paint 2 coat ablative paint (May 2017)
- Foreward Electric Leroy Somer G16011 Anchor Windlass
- 200′ or 65m hot galvanised 10mm anchor chain and snubber plus 500′ or 150m 16mm nylon rode
- 60 lb Manson NZ hinged CQR plough anchor
- 20kg / 45lb CQR anchor
- 15kg / 33lb Fishermans anchor
- 14kg / 30lb Danforth anchor
- Dinghy anchor
- Mooring 200ft multi-plait warp, 6 sprung warps, assorted warps and old halyards
- Fenders 8x F3, 1x F2, 1x A2, 1x A3.
Disclaimer: The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.