|Listing Id||5116196||Length||42.00 Feet|
|Model||42||Engine Type||Inboard Diesels X 2|
|Hull Style||Multi||Hull Type||GRP|
LAGOON 42 - 'EDEN': HIGHLIGHTS
Immensely popular Lagoon 42, which is still in production and fast becoming the most popular catamaran in the world.
Rarely available OWNER'S VERSION with 3 cabins and 3 heads.
Outstanding presentation. Would suit new boat buyer looking for fully de-bugged, outfitted and tested LAGOON 42 ideally equipped for luxury Bluewater cruising.
Only two owners since new and never chartered.
Purchased from Lagoon factory with many factory upgrades to suit specific requirements for Bluewater cruising, including powerful Yanmar 57HP (instead of the regular 45HP), Code Zero & hardware, upgraded electric winches, 5.2 Kva generator, additional fridge space in the cockpit, plus much, much more...
Full survey report (late September 2022) will be available on request to serious buyers.
2 x Yanmar 4JH57SD with low hours. Engines and engine room kept immaculate.
Substantial solar bank mounted on coachroof
Powerful Inverter Victron Multiplus compact 12V/80A/2000W
220/240V AC and 12V throughout.
Full set of sails including Code 0. Parasailor available as extra.
3 independently controlled reverse cycle air conditioning systems with temperature control pads in each cabin
Full set of B&G electronics including Zeus 2 12" plotter interfaced and shared to iPad or digital tablet with all information available at your finger tips.
B&G Forward Scan perfect for cruising the South Pacific and avoiding coral or debris.
Safety at sea with B&G radar, AIS, ect.
Upgraded Fusion sound system / Bluetooth connection. Speakers inside and out.
Recently installed 140l / h watermaker
7kg washing machine
‘Eden’ is simply a dream come true.
Must be seen to be fully appreciated!
Please watch our full video tour, filmed in Fiji in August 2022 at the time of listing.
This boat is sure to be love at first sight for you and your family.
Eden is a truly magnificent example of what is fast becoming the most sought-after catamaran in the world, the Lagoon 42. In fact, this extraordinary design is so much in demand that it is still in production today and has not been dethroned during the past 5/6 years since the VPLP team introduced it to the world 6 years ago.
Owned by only two owners, both desiring comfort and safety for their family as they set off for their Bluewater voyage, Eden has continuously been cherished, upgraded, maintained and always kept immaculate. Unlike many boats, which were somewhere abandoned or stuck on various sides of the world during the Covid crisis, and which are now negatively flooding the market, she was with her owners at all times. This means that everything was always kept running smoothly and never left to deteriorate.
Equipped to provide you with an un-matched level of comfort, whether at sea or at anchor, with her powerful solar bank, diesel generator, 2000W inverter, 140l/h watermaker, extra large cold storage capacity, 7kg washing machine, air conditioning etc. you will be hard pushed to find Eden a rival anywhere in the world.
A credit to her designer and builder as much as to her owners, the Lagoon 42 Eden has sailed two oceans with hardly a wrinkle to show for it. Immaculately presented from the tip of her bows, down to her engine rooms, She would easily pass for a 2022 model, yet comes without the de-bugging period necessary for new boats and available turn key, ready for you to step aboard and begin making your own memories.
Her German owners are currently cruising Fiji. Delivery to New Zealand or Australia can be arranged as part of a purchase agreement. Please get in touch with Anna at Nautilus Yacht Management if you have any questions. We would be delighted to assist you in any way we can.
For a bit of info about Nautilus Yacht Management, we are a boutique-style brokerage devoted to high quality cruising yachts and to the cruising community since our launch in Sydney in 2011.
With several offshore branches from French Polynesia to Fiji, New Zealand and Australia to assist cruisers along South Pacific route, we are here to help both sellers and buyers with the logistics involved from registration to insurance, delivery, import, survey, storage and crewing if required. Ex- cruisers ourselves we just strive to help others begin their journey on the ocean.
If Eden has got under your skin, get in touch! Our team can organize a private video viewing with you as well as have all the time in the world to answer your questions, put you in touch with the owners if you wish, assist with organising your visit, purchase, delivery home if needed, insurance, berthing, crewing, etc.
Lagoon 42 ‘EDEN’:
- Make: Lagoon
- Model: 42
- Year 2016
- Length 12.80m / 42ft
- Beam 7.70m / 25.4ft
- Draft 1.25m / 4.1ft
- Air Height 20.6m / 67.75ft
- Displacement 12.2t (empty)
- Fuel capacity 600L – 2x 300L
- Water capacity 600l – 2x 300l
- Hull material GRP Composite
- Deck material GRP Composite
- Keel Type mini keel
- Designer VPLP
- Builder CNB
- Place of registration Mannheim/Germany
- Helm on port side
- Tax status tax paid in the EU/France
- Last antifouling January 2022
- Engines 2 x Yanmar 4JH57SD
- Horsepower 2 x 57Hp (this is the upgraded version)
- Engine hours port side 2 388hrs
- Engine hours starboard side 2 305hrs
- Last service June 2022
- Avg. fuel consumption 2.5l / h / engine
- Max speed 8kn under power
- Cruising speed 7kn under power
- Propellers 3 blade folding
- Drive type SailDrive SD60 (last service January 2022)
- Steering system cable
- 3 cabins (owners version)
- 1 x double berth
- 2 x queen berths
- Salon table can be lowered to create an additional berth
- Head height 2m+ throughout, except bathrooms and aft cabins are 1.9m
- Showers 3
- Heads 3
- Heads type electric
- Holding tanks 240l – 3x 80l
- Hot water 40l – heated by engine cooling system AND electric heating element (new heating element July 2021)
- Located up starboard side
- Refrigeration in salon 12V 1x front loader (130l), 1x top loader (100l)
- Freezer Liebherr 100l (front loader built-in, in cockpit area)
- Stove Eno 3 burner, gas
- Oven Eno, gas
- Sink 1x stainless steel
- Hot/cold freshwater faucet, cold seawater/freshwater foot pump
- Depth sounder Airmar
- Forward scanner Airmar
- Speed log Airmar
- Autopilot B&G (hydraulic)
- Wind instruments B&G
- Radar B&G
- Chartplotter B&G Zeus 2/12” with Wifi module
- AIS B&G
- GPS B&G
- VHF B&G V50
- TV Philips 100cm, areal for terrestrial channels on mast top with signal amplifier in starboard cabin
- Stereo Fusion MS-AV750 (Bluetooth, DVD). Speakers in salon and cockpit
Batteries / chargers / solar
- House batteries 4 x 120 Ah Gel under bed + 2 x 200 Ah (starboard engine compartment, new November 2021) Total 880Ah
- Engine starter batteries, starboard Napa Marine/RV starting battery, new October 2021, port Premium Booster Marine starting battery (85Ah)
- Generator battery Booster Premium Eco 72Ah (new 2021)
- Battery chargers 2x Yanmar alternators and Victron Multiplus compact inverter charger 12V/80A/2000W
- Solar charger MPPT 100/50 (with 2x LG 300W = 600W good condition from 2018)
- Solar panels MPPT 100/30 (with 4x Solbian Flex 112W = 448W working condition but might be replaced with next re-fit)
- Watermaker Unitam (modular built, situated in port engine bay) 140 l/hr, 2 membranes, new November 2021, low pressure pump, new April 2021, high pressure pump, new July 2021, electronics re-wired April 2021
- Generator Beta marine BG482 230V/50Hz, 5.2kVA, last service August 2022
- Genset hours ~ 1690 hrs
- Washing machine Vedette, 7kg (build into cupboard in starboard hull) works on shore power or generator
- Air conditioning Webasto BlueCool S-series, reverse cycle starboard hull 13 000BTU, port hull 2 x 8 000BTU can cool and heat, new January 2021
- Inverter Victron Multiplus compact 12V/80A/2000W
- Shore power connector 220V 50/60Hz
- 5 x 12V fans (new August 2021)
- Mast material aluminium
- Standing rig material stainless steel (last inspection September 2022)
- Main sail 55 sqm
- Head sail jib on furler 35sqm, self-tacking
- Code zero, 70sqm, with UV strip, on endless furler, new December 2021
- Winches Harken (2x electric at helm station, 2 manual port/starboard aft)
- Bilge pumps 2 x manual, 2 x automatic
- Life raft Sea Safe KHY F-8 (8 persons), last service November 2020
- Life jackets 8 x adult
- Life ring
- Anchor Roccna 33kg (new January 2021)
- Spare anchor Delta 25kg
- Additional (stern) anchor Fortress/Danforth FX23, 6.8kg
- Chain – 120m, 10mm on main anchor, new January 2021
- Windlass Lofrans X2, 1000W with remote, new January 2021
Deck Gear & Accessories
- Dinghy AB inflatable type 11AL 3.5m (aluminium bottom)
- Outboard 15hp Yamaha Enduro 2-stroke (new October 2020)
- Deck shower (hot & cold) on aft steps
- Bimini solid cover over cockpit and helm
- Enclosures cockpit side and aft (sunbrella), helm sunbrella/clear (the latter needs servicing)
- Mooring lines/fenders, various
- Trampoline #13mm (new November 2021)
- bowsprit 90 cm (use with code zero)
A Word From The Owner:
"We bought EDEN at the end of 2020 in the Caribbean. The previous owner bought the boat from the factory in France and sailed it over the Atlantic. During the 4 years they only sailed about 4 000 miles (including the Atlantic crossing) and only moved up and down the windward islands. The boat was never in charter.
During the first year we owned EDEN, we sailed about 3 500 miles in the Caribbean. We serviced, upgraded and updated major systems such as the watermarker and batteries and added a code zero sail for light wind conditions. Immediately after the purchase, Lagoon replaced the cross-beam, still under warranty. We also upgraded the windlass, bought a new anchor chain and upgraded to a Roccna 33kg anchor which never failed us. For comfort we had new seat covers for the cockpit settees and the helm seat made (sunbrella, June 2021). We also added Webasto air-conditioning to the cabins which we only used a few times in marinas. After 12 months we felt the boat to be ready for the Pacific crossing. The last antifouling (Seajet 33, semi-soft) was done in January 2022 in Panama. During the haul-out we also had the sail drives serviced by a professional. All engine and generator services were done according to the maintenance schedules. Due to our meticulous preparation, we did not experience any technical problems during the 4 200mile passage from Panama to French Polynesia.
We find the L42 owners version to be the ideal boat for a cruising family. There is plenty space for toys and a few kilograms extra weight do not seem to make the boat any slower or sluggish. Being quite tall, I came to appreciate the space in the engine bays for services. In addition to the standard sails, the parasailer and code zero made us enjoy sailing in light winds as we often experienced them in the South Pacific. After all, at least for us it was much nicer to wait for the right weather window and comfortably sail in lighter winds at a decent speed. The folding props reduce the drag when sailing and in general, we were able to keep up with some larger catamarans during our passages. The L42 is no high-performance cat but with the right trimming of the sails, it will get you anywhere safely, comfortably and at a decent cruising speed. The large diesel tanks theoretically give you a range of 1 300 miles at 5.5 kn (running one engine), enough to make it through windless areas.
After two years and about 15 000 miles, our family adventure comes to an end, and we hope that the next owner will enjoy the boat as much as we did and continue the journey West."