|Listing Id||5120118||Length||46.00 Feet|
|Model||46||Engine Type||Inboard Diesels X 2|
|Hull Style||Multi||Hull Type||Fibreglass|
KOLOHE - HIGHLIGHTS
2009 Robertson & Caine Leopard 46 / 4600
Just arrived in NZ after an idyllic cruise across the Pacific
Equipped and ready to continue Bluewater cruising
54hp Yanmar diesels, ~4500 hours each, full service + new injectors (Nov 2021) – Yanmar technician
SD60 replaced original SD50 sail drives (Nov 2021) – Yanmar technician
Props are Flex-o-fold folding props installed (Nov 2020)
Dinghy AB 10.3 (2017) with Yamaha 30hp (2020) (Go fast! - Planes with family of 4 & all their SCUBA gear!)
Northern Lights 9KW diesel generator ~1800 hours
CruisAir units 2x 12,000 BTU units for the hulls and 1x 16,000 BTU for the main salon
Black water tanks and hoses tanks replaced in 2017 (now fiberglass tanks)
Full range of marine electronics including Quantum HD radar (New 12/2021)
Raymarine C series chart plotter at both Helm and Nav table
Enhanced shore-to-ship WIFI with TP Link Router and
Wavlink WIFI extender (similar to Bad Boy wireless extender)
Iridium go! Satellite communication with Marine Package installation
3000w / 160a Mastervolt Combimaster Inverter / Charger
Relion LiFePO4 RB300 Lithium batteries 12v 2 x 300AH (New Oct 2020)
Huge solar power supply with a total of over 1,764W managed by 3 MMPT solar controllers
Great entertainment on board includes movie projector setup (~1.5m diagonal) w/ Bluetooth stereo ceiling speaker
ECHOTEC 40L/H 12 V watermaker
Giantex 3.5 Kg washer
Electric primary winch
New standing rigging 2017. Last inspected in October 2022 in preparation for crossing from Fiji to NZ.
Running rigging in good condition and mostly replaced in 2020
Fully equipped for international offshore safety standards
Comes loaded with spares and everything on board to just move aboard today
Full survey report available on request
This beautiful and lovingly maintained Leopard 46.2009 is now available for sale fully equipped and ready to keep cruising with no expenses necessary. Just hop aboard and sail away, or stay to explore beautiful New Zealand!
Her owners, a family from the US, purchased ‘Kolohe for cruise through the South Pacific, which took them to some of the most beautiful locations in the world safely and in ultimate comfort.
A WORD FROM THE OWNERS:
"The Leopard 46 is a great sailing boat that will let you feel safe in all conditions, with good visibility to all corners of the boat. We have made Kolohe our home for the almost three years, and couldn't have been happier with Kolohe's performance and comfort over the 19,000 nautical miles that we have travelled. The 1.4m draft means that you can tuck Kolohe into almost any anchorage and the robust anchor tackle means that you can feel comfortable sleeping or leaving Kolohe for land adventures. Kolohe can be the centre of activity when you are cruising with other boats, given the ample cockpit and salon space, or a private refuge with plenty of space to move and think. The adventure awaits and Kolohe is a boat that can take you anywhere you want to go". (Whangarei. NZ. January 2023).
Many agree that the Leopard 46 Catamaran easily outclass their similar size multihull competitors in terms of performance, durability and comfort. The balance of interior and exterior usability, from the seamless transition between the extra-large cockpit and the spacious saloon, up galley, wide traffic areas, intelligent use of the design for maximum and readily accessible storage, abundance of natural light, air flow, etc., are complemented by well above expectations quality, from the drawing board all the way to the finishing touches.
Leopards consistently provides higher quality materials, more sophisticated building techniques, and more robust engineering. Their attention to details is another factor which will keep your beloved boat or investment from deteriorating, such as, for example, the way interior timber furnishing are finished in a way to prevent water intrusion and discolouration over time, a method that is seldom used by other manufacturers.
As cruising yachts, Leopards catamarans are truly hard to match in terms of speed, comfort and an ideal layout for families whose whole world will often be reduced to their ship for days of ocean passage, who will need to carry a vast amount of equipment and food without cluttering the boat, and who when they arrive at their destination will want to be able to enjoy a ship that is not just strong and seaworthy but also an ideal play platform.
One look at a Leopard Catamaran is enough to see that under it’s striking, almost feline lines, this yacht mean business.
The brainchild of highly respected South African boat builders Robertson and Caine, and designed by Gino Morelli and Pete Melvin (who drew the record-breaking maxi-catamaran PlayStation), it is easy to see that the boat is meant as a powerful, fast cruising yacht, perfectly suited to the more challenging environment of the ocean around South Africa and to safe and comfortable passage-making.
The Leopard 46 has high, almost plumb bows, which combined with the louvered forward window and rakish transom give a well-balanced, striking profile. The bows are narrow at the water-line and with a very fine entry to enhance performance. The elegant chines further define the lines and are pleasing to the eye, but are in fact designed to optimise the interior volume without slowing the boat down, and to provide a ‘shelf’ to reduce hobby-horsing as well as add reserve buoyancy in the seaway. The high bridge-deck is shaped to promote good adhesion to the water while encouraging performance and reducing ‘slamming’ in big seas as much as possible, something that boat owners with lower bridge decks sometimes complain about.
The cockpit is big and comfortable, and offers various sitting, dining and relaxing areas. It is perfect for entertaining, with its huge table, pleasantly curving seats, lounges and easy access to the transom and aft deck. Every cruiser loves their boat, but the Leopard 46’s cockpit is very often a subject of envy..! Perhaps it is the 25’ beam, which contributes to the sense of lateral space, and the way the interior lounge / saloon is positioned somewhat further forward, slightly reducing interior space but providing the most used part of the boat, the cockpit, with a huge amount of usable and versatile space.
To add to the comfort is the adjustable hatch in the fibreglass Bimini, which opens forward to act as a wind scoop to provide a cooling breeze, a very nice feature in the tropics. Kolohe's cockpit is fitted with with sun shades on all sides.
The helm seat is raised for good visibility and designed to be safe in all weathers. It is a winner for many cruisers who dislike being up many steps in a flybridge, far from everyone else on board and away from everything. It allows for all the sailing to be done in situ, without need to venture on deck unless ready to dock or anchor.
The leopard 46’s bows feature water tight compartments (ideal in case of collision), which are great for storing large water toys such as surf boards and other various equipment.
Aft of the trampoline is the windlass, water tankage, storage for docking lines/fenders, and generator compartments. The distinctive and functional Leopard glass steps allow you to easily mount the rooftop to access the lazy-jacks and sail bag.
Access inside is through sliding glass doors that essentially extend the saloon into the cockpit at the same level. Part of the galley counter folds out, enhancing this effect. The galley is in the starboard, aft part of the saloon. It is large, are and comfortable to use even at sea, and will be the delight of the resident chef with its full size 4 burners stove, oven and grill, ample dedicated food storage, preparation areas and deep, double sink.
The dinette forward provides 360-degree views around the boat and seats eight in comfort. Three ports above the dinette in the forward part of the house open for good flow-through ventilation right through to the cockpit.
The interior's satin-finished cherry woodwork is attractive without being too warm. The laminate flooring used throughout presents in good condition and is easy to maintain.
Kolohe has the 4 cabins, 4 head layout, where the two aft cabins can be described as staterooms, with a Queen size island berth and ensuite head and shower which is of a generous size and enclosed by a proper door. The forward cabins have a semi-island double berth, access to the ensuite head and separate shower, and as for all the other cabins are fitted with ample designated storage lockers and hanging wardrobes. The port forward head was converted to pantry / utility room with floor to ceiling pantry and holding the washer while still be usable as a sink / vanity.
For more information please contact Anna at Nautilus Yacht Management. We would be delighted to chat with you more about the lovely Kolohe and to arrange for an inspection with you.
SALOON FURTHER DETAILS:
- Cherry panelite finishes with solid trims
- Saloon table and settee to seat (8) people
- Overhead lighting LED
- Ample ventilation through forward facing all-weather hatches
- Stowage space under settee cushions
- MasterVolt 3000/160 Combimaster Inverter/Charger (Oct 2020)
- Victron MPPT Solar controllers (3x)
- 4 panel stern array @ 1150W: 2 panel helm array @ 384W, 1 panel roof array @ 230W
- Shore Power with 2 50' cables.
- Relion LiFePO4 RB300 Lithium batteries 12v 2 x 300AH (Oct 2020)
- Northern Lights 9KW diesel generator ~1800 hours
- All lights are LED
- Courtesy lights at stairways
- Bi-colour & stern navlights
- Compass at helm position
- 12v DC switch panel
- 12v outlet sockets at switch panel and at helmstation
- 2 x Fuel tank gauges at helm position
- 1 x House battery isolator switches
- 2 x Engine starter battery isolator
- ECHOTEC 40L/H 12 V watermaker
- Giantex 3.5 Kg washer
- Corian heat-resistant galley worktop surfaces
- Single lever mixer faucet
- Double s/s sink
- Dish and cutlery drying recess with drainage
- Corian cover for drying recess
- Built-in 2 - door front-opening fridge and separate freezer with upgraded digital controller
- Additional 70qt 12V ICECO portable freezer (port fwd berth)
- Force 10 Gas cooker 4-burner c/w oven & broiler
- Gas solenoid shut-off valve with control at switch panel & warning light at cooker
- Gas cylinder & regulator in dedicated locker
- 700w Microwave, Toaster, Insta pot, electric grill / hot plate, bread maker, Soda Stream with 6 CO2 cartridges.
- Separate garbage bin locker with top access
- Stowage space in shelf lockers & drawer units
- Corian bar counter
- ECHOTEC 40L/H 12 V watermaker
- Crockery, cutlery and utensils
- Igloo style cooler (x2) – cockpit
- Fish cutting board – stern rail
- Magma LPG Grill (functional but needs refresh) – stern rail
ENGINES AND ENGINE ROOMS:
- Morse double lever throttle / gearshift control
- Sound deadening panels in engine room
- 2 x Yanmar 54HP 4JH5E (upgraded from 39HP) diesel engines with sail drives.
- Full service + new injectors (Nov 2021) – Yanmar technician
- Hours: Port: 4500 estimated Starboard: 4500 est.
- SD60 replaced original SD50 sail drives (Nov 2021) – Yanmar technician
- Props are Flex-o-fold folding props installed (Nov 2020)
- 2 x Fuel deck fillers
- 2 x Fuel filter / water separators
- 2 x Fuel tanks aluminium 735L total capacity
- 2 x Exhaust skin fittings (s/s)
- 2 x Exhaust water locks
- 2 x Cooling water inlet strainers
- Guardwires with stanchions, bases, port & stb gates
- Quick - 1500 W horizontal windlass complete with hand-held remote
- Anchor roller fitting c/w chain wear plates
- Main anchor – 39kg Mantas, with 220’ 10mm chain + 100’ Mega plait rode
- Secondary anchor at stern
- Spare main anchor
- Docking lines multiple sets and full set of fenders
- Sliding Companionway door
- Hardtop over cockpit complete with helmsmans platform, hardtop bimini and lighting.
- Cockpit table
- Swimming ladder
- Cockpit table
- Furler jammer on deck
- Mainsheet traveller car Lewmar Size 3
- Mainsheet track Lewmar Size 3
- Acrylic windows
- Hatches - Lewmar: 4 x Size 10 2 x Size 40 6 x Size 60 1 x Size 60
- Davitts Winch: 2 X Lewmar 14
- Portlights - Lewmar: 4 x Atlantic 32 2 x Size 1
- Forward window louvre set
- 3 x Spacious cockpit lockers
- 2 x Spacious foredeck lockers
- 2 x Pulpits fitted with seats
- 2 x Coachroof s/s handrails
- 2 x Coachroof s/s grab handles
- 4 x Hardtop support s/s grab handles
- 6 x 330mm mooring cleats 2 x medium aft cleats
- 2 x Lewmar winch handles
- 1 x Winch handle pocket at Helm
- 2 x Genoa cars - Lewmar Size 2
- 2 x Lewmar Genoa tracks - Lewmar Size 2
- 3 x Halyard jammers on mast
- 4 x Genoa and mainsheet jammers
- 2 x Halyard winches - Lewmar 46CST (on mast)
- 2 x Primary sheet winches - Lewmar 54CST (One Electric)
- 4 x Folding padeyes to allow for spinnaker tackle
- 2 x pad eyes at mast step
- Davits with integrated bathing platform
- Swim Ladder
- Cockpit enclosure: Sunbrella side shades & Mesh stern shades
- Helm enclosure
- Window blinds and sunshields
RUNNING RIGGING AND SAILS:
- Mainsheet (2:1 purchase)
- Mainsheet traveller line (4:1 purchase)
- Main boom topping lift
- Mainsail outhaul and 2 reefs
- 2 x Genoa sheets updated to New England Dyneema in 2020
- 3 x Halyards (main, genoa & spare) updated to New England Dyneema in 2020
- 2017 Doyle heavy duty cruising sail
- Doyle Genoa refreshed in 2021
- Sparcraft natural anodized mast
- Sparcraft natural anodized crossbeam
- Windex wind indicator
- Profurl genoa furler
- Fully battened mainsail complete with (3) reefs (Doyle))
- 130% Furling genoa
- Winch handle pocket
- New shrouds October 2017
- Rigging inspected October 2022
- Raymarine C series chart plotter
- Raymarine Depth/Speed
- Raymarine ST60+ Electronic Wind Vane (mast head unit replaced 09/2022)
- Raymarine p70s Autopilot (previous fully functional controller on board)
- Raymarine Quantum HD radar (new 12/2021)
- Raymarine VHF radio
- Port winch upgraded too electric
- USB block to power navigation tablet / phones / etc.
- Raymarine C series chart plotter
- Iridium GO! With Marine package installation
- Victron Battery monitor
- TP Link Router
- Wavlink WIFI extender (similar to Bad Boy wireless extender)
CruisAir units 2x 12,000 BTU units for the hulls and 1x 16,000 BTU for the main salon
Drain into dedicated sump pumps so that they don’t drain into the bilges as is the case in a typical Loepard 46.
All tested during the survey and found to be operational and providing cold air.
- Front Sunbrella awning cover majority of fore deck
- 2 person sit-on kayak
- 2 Adult SUPs
- SUP side rack and Sunbrella cover
- Badminton (self supporting) rope Hammock on new line
- Pool recliners
- Beach umbrellas
- Fishing gear (2 poles + 2 hand reels)
- Oil syphon
- Wet / Dry Vacuum
- Roybi 18v cordless buffer w/ charger
- Variable speed corded buffer
- Various simple tools
Exceptional spares on board:
- Previous running rigging lines as spares
- Spare main traveler car
- Spare steering cable
- Previous (fully operational) auto pilot
- Wires / Cables / Fuses / Blocks
- Oil / Fuel filter spares
- Zincs Yanmar / Flex-o-fold
- Plumbing parts
- Variety nuts / bolts / shackles
- Fixed props
- Spare appliances: Microwave700w, Breadmaker, Soda Stream
- 1 PC display screen wall mount (typical of Leopard 46)
- 1 Movie projector setup (~1.5m diagonal) retractable w/ Bluetooth stereo ceiling speaker
- Alpine stereo
- Revere Commander 2.0 6-person life raft – Serviced Sept 2020 (new in 2017)
- Pair of drogues (crate style)
- Life jackets – (2 Lar / 2 Sm)
- Full Jack lines (prt, stb, mast)
SCUBA equipment (new 2021, minimal use) (US$4,000)
- 4 BCD (1L, /1S (W) /1S/1XS) with weights
- 4 Tanks
- 4 Regulators w/octopus
- SCUBA air compressor (Electric)
- SCUBA compressor cartridges and extra cartridges media
Cabrinha kite board setup: (US$2,500)
- 1 Kiteboard
- 1 harness( sm)
- 1 helmet
- 10m kite (2019)
- 13m kite (2020)
- Bar handle / lines
NOTES BY CURRENT OWNER:
- Main sail is in good condition (new 2017)
- Genoa sail is in fair condition (repaired by previous owner & refreshed 10/2021)
- Sail bag fair condition but could use a refresh (new 2017)
Standing rigging: New in 2017 and inspected 10/2022
Main halyard dyneema – Good condition
Spinnaker halyard dyneema – Excellent condition
Genoa halyard dyneema – Excellent condition
Topping lift dyneema – Excellent condition
Genoa sheets dyneema – Serviceable condition (replaced 10/2020)
Reefing lines – Serviceable but from 2017 (boom shivs replaced 10/2020)
Traveler line – Serviceable but from 2017 (traveler car replaced 10/2022, spare on board)
Disclaimer: The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.