|Listing Id||5052870||Length||46.40 Feet|
|Model||46. 4 X Cabins Version.||Engine Type||Inboard diesel X 2|
|Hull Style||Multi||Hull Type||GRP|
4 cabins, 4 heads with separate shower stalls.
9 kw Northern Lights Generator
3 X separate air conditioning units with independent temperature controllers
Spectra Newport 400 Watermaker
Raymarine instruments including digital radar
654 Watts of Solar with Midnite Solar Controller
2000 Watt Xantrex Inverter Charger
Rocna 88 Anchor
New 800 amp hour battery bank
Antifouled and polished (October 2018)
Rig inspected October 2018
New lower shrouds October 2018
USA Tax Paid
This beautiful and lovingly maintained Leopard 46.2010 is now available for sale fully equipped and ready to keep cruising with no expenses necessary.
Her owners, a family from the US, purchased ‘Chasing Stars’ for an idyllic Pacific cruise, which took them to some of the most beautiful locations in the world safely and in ultimate comfort.
This beautiful yacht is currently for sale in Fiji and available now. Her owners have offered to deliver the boat for the buyers to Australia or anywhere in New Zealand.
They write: ‘This fantastic cruising catamaran has just brought our family safely from the United States through the South Pacific! We are returning home and are sad to have to say goodbye to 'Chasing Stars'. She performed beautifully for us and will no doubt do the same for you. She is outfitted perfectly for blue-water cruising with plenty of solar, generator, water-maker, and all the necessary safety equipment. She sails fast and is extremely well laid out.’
Many agree that the Leopard 46 Catamaran easily outclass their similar size multihull competitors in terms of performance, durability and comfort. The balance of interior and exterior usability, from the seamless transition between the extra-large cockpit and the plush saloon, level galley, wide traffic areas, intelligent use of the design for maximum and readily accessible storage, abundance of natural light, air flow, etc., are complemented by well above expectations quality, from the drawing board all the way to the finishing touches.
Leopards consistently provides higher quality materials, more sophisticated building techniques, and more robust engineering. Their attention to details is another factor which will keep your beloved boat or investment from deteriorating, such as, for example, the way interior timber furnishing are finished in a way to prevent water intrusion and discolouration over time, a method that is seldom used by other manufacturers.
As cruising yachts, Leopards catamarans are truly hard to match in terms of speed, comfort and an ideal layout for families whose whole world will often be reduced to their ship for days of ocean passage, who will need to carry a vast amount of equipment and food without cluttering the boat, and who when they arrive at their destination will want to be able to enjoy a ship that is not just strong and seaworthy but also an ideal play platform.
One look at a Leopard Catamaran is enough to see that under it’s striking, almost feline lines, this yacht mean business.
The brainchild of highly respected South African boat builders Robertson and Caine, and designed by Gino Morelli and Pete Melvin (who drew the record-breaking maxi-catamaran PlayStation), it is easy to see that the boat is meant as a powerful, fast cruising yacht, perfectly suited to the more challenging environment of the ocean around South Africa and to safe and comfortable passage-making.
The Leopard 46 has high, almost plumb bows, which combined with the louvered forward window and rakish transom give a well-balanced, striking profile. The bows are narrow at the water-line and with a very fine entry to enhance performance. The elegant chines further define the lines and are pleasing to the eye, but are in fact designed to optimise the interior volume without slowing the boat down, and to provide a ‘shelf’ to reduce hobby-horsing as well as add reserve buoyancy in the seaway. The high bridge-deck is shaped to promote good adhesion to the water while encouraging performance and reducing ‘slamming’ in big seas as much as possible, something that boat owners with lower bridge decks sometimes complain about.
The cockpit is big and comfortable, and offers various sitting, dining and relaxing areas. It is perfect for entertaining, with its huge table, pleasantly curving seats, lounges and easy access to the transom and aft deck. Every cruisers love their boat, but the Leopard 46’s cockpit is very often a subject of envy..! Perhaps it is the 25’ beam, which contributes to the sense of lateral space, and the way the interior lounge / saloon is positioned somewhat further forward, slightly reducing interior space but providing the most used part of the boat, the cockpit, with a huge amount of usable and versatile space.
To add to the comfort is the adjustable hatch in the fibreglass Bimini, which opens forward to act as a wind scoop to provide a cooling breeze, a very nice feature in the tropics. 'Chasing Stars' 's cockpit is fitted with full weather protection covers.
The helm seat is raised for good visibility and designed to be safe in all weathers. It is a winner for many cruisers who resent being up many steps in a flybridge, far from everyone else on board and away from everything. It allows for all the sailing to be done in situ, without need to venture on deck unless ready to dock or anchor.
The leopard 46’s bows feature water tight compartments (ideal in case of collision), which are great for storing large water toys such as surf boards and other various equipment. One of these compartment has actually been fitted out as a crew cabin or additional berth, with a proper mattress and storage. It is reached by the overhead hatch or via a small opening door in the forward guest cabin.
Aft of the trampoline is the windlass, water tankage, sail storage, and generator compartments. The distinctive and functional Leopard glass steps allow you to easily mount the rooftop to access the lazy-jacks and sail bag.
Access inside is through sliding glass doors that essentially extend the saloon into the cockpit at the same level. Part of the galley counter folds out, enhancing this effect. The galley is in the starboard, aft part of the saloon. It is large, are and comfortable to use even at sea, and will be the delight of the resident chef with its full size stove, oven and grill, ample dedicated food storage, preparation areas and deep, double sink.
The dinette forward provides 360-degree views around the boat and seats eight in comfort. Three ports above the dinette in the forward part of the house open for good flow-through ventilation right through to the cockpit.
The interior's satin-finished cherry woodwork is attractive without being too warm. The laminate flooring used throughout presents in great condition and is easy to maintain.
‘Chasing Stars’ has the 4 cabins, 4 head layout, where the two aft cabins can be described as staterooms, with a Queen size island berth and ensuite head and shower which is of a generous size and enclosed by a proper and tastefully manufactured frosted glass door. The forward cabins have a semi-island double berth, access to the ensuite head and separate shower, and as for all the other cabins are fitted with ample designated storage lockers and hanging wardrobes.
Watch this space! Additional photos and video walk-through will be added to this listing as soon as they become available. The boat is currently on the slip being antifouled and beautified, and will be ready for a full photo shoot in a week or so whether permitting.
For more information please contact Anna at Nautilus Yacht Management. We would be delighted to chat with you more about the lovely 'Chasing Stars' and to arrange for an inspection with you, which is easily done as the boat is currently only 20 minutes from Nadi international airport.
Saloon Further details:
- Cherry panelite finishes with solid trims
- Saloon table and settee to seat (8) people
- Wear resistant simulated Austrian Walnut flooring
- Overhead lighting LED
- Ample ventilation through forward facing all-weather hatches
- Stowage space under settee cushions
- Recessed roller blinds over hatches
- Solar Panels: (2) Sunware mounted on custom dedicated arch. 654 Watts.
- Midnite Solar classic 150 solar charge controller
- LinkPro battery monitor
- Xantrex PSW 2000 watt inverter charger with Xanbus system control panel
- 3 X separate air conditioning units with independent temperature controllers
- Northern Lights M753W 9KW Generator
- New 800 amp hour battery bank: AGM (11) 8 house + 2 engine + 1 generator battery. Capacity: 800Ah house (YEAR:2018)
- Alternator & battery chargers (2)
- Alternators: Hitachi 80Ah
- Shore Power with 2 50' cables.
- All lights are LED
- Courtesy lights at stairways
- Bi-colour & stern navlights
- Compass at helm position
- 12v DC switch panel
- 3 x 12v outlet sockets at switch panel and at helmstation
- 2 x Fuel tank gauges at helm position
- 1 x House battery isolator switches
- 2 x Engine starter battery isolator
- Spectra Newport 400 MK ll watermaker with z-ion
Galley additional description:
- Corian heat-resistant galley worktop surfaces
- Single lever mixer faucet
- Double s/s sink
- Dish and cutlery drying recess with drainage Separate shower compartment
- Corian cover for drying recess
- 2 - door front-opening fridge / freezer Seafrost 12v refrigeration
- Force 10 Gas cooker 3-burner c/w oven & broiler
- Gas solenoid shut-off valve with control at
- switch panel & warning light at cooker
- Gas cylinder & regulator in dedicated locker
- Separate garbage bin locker with top access
- Stowage space in shelf lockers & drawer units
- Corian bar counter
- Seafrost 12V front opening fridge and freezer 60 gal/ 220L
- Crockery, cutlery and utensils
- Spectra Newport 400 60L per hour
Engines and engine rooms:
- Morse double lever throttle / gearshift control
- Sound deadening panels in engine room
- 2 x Engine room ventilation fans and ducting
- 2 x Yanmar 54HP 4JH5E (upgraded from 39HP) diesel engines with sail drives. Last service August 2018 as per scheduled maintenance.
- Hours: Port: 4500 estimated Starboard: 4500 est.
- New clutch cones both engines (as recommended after 3000 hours)
- 2 x Propellers - 3-blade fixed
- 2 x Fuel deck fillers
- 2 x Fuel filter / water separators
- 2 x Fuel tanks aluminium 700L total capacity
- 2 x Exhaust skin fittings (s/s)
- 2 x Exhaust water locks
- 2 x Cooling water inlet strainers
- Guardwires with stanchions, bases, port & stb gates
- Quick - Hector 1000 W horizontal windlass complete with hand-held remote
- Anchor roller fitting c/w chain wear plates
- Rocna 88 (40Kg) Anchor with Ultra Flip swivel
- Secondary anchor.
- 100m new 10mm chain
- Custom cockpit cushions from Merle Stewart
- Drogue and Sea Anchor
- "Lani" Sunbrella shade for trampoline
- Liferaft locker with 2 X life rafts
- Sliding Companionway door
- Hardtop over cockpit complete with helmsmans platform, hardtop bimini and lighting. on hardtop allows free access to swim platform Mainsail outhaul and 2 reefs
- Cockpit table
- Swimming ladder c/w teak steps Cockpit table
- Furler jammer on deck
- Mainsheet traveller car Lewmar Size 3
- Mainsheet track Lewmar Size 3
- Lifering holder c/w Antal mast slider system
- Acrylic windows
- Hatches - Lewmar: 4 x Size 10 2 x Size 40 6 x Size 60 1 x Size 60 Escape hatch 3 x Size 41
- Davitts Winch: 2 X Lewmar 14
- Portlights - Lewmar: 4 x Atlantic 32 2 x Size 1
- Forward window louvre set
- 2 x Spacious cockpit lockers
- 2 x Spacious foredeck lockers
- 2 x Pulpits fitted with seats
- 2 x Pushpits
- 2 x Inner pushpits
- Pivoting cockpit backrest
- 2 x Coachroof s/s handrails
- 2 x Coachroof s/s grab handles
- 4 x Hardtop support s/s grab handles
- 9 x 330mm mooring cleats
- 2 x Lewmar winch handles
- 1 x Winch handle pocket at Helm
- 4 x Drinking can holders
- 2 x Genoa cars - Lewmar Size 2
- 2 x Lewmar Genoa tracks - Lewmar Size 2
- 3 x Halyard jammers on mast
- Antal line driver for traveler control
- 4 x Genoa and mainsheet jammers
- 2 x Halyard winches - Lewmar 46CST (on mast)
- 2 x Primary sheet winches - Lewmar 54CST
- 4 x Folding padeyes to allow for spinnaker tackle
- 2 x pad eyes at mast step
- Davits with integrated bathing platform
- Swim Ladder
- Cockpit enclosure: Sunbrella side shades & Mesh stern shades
- Helm enclosure
- Bow sun awning / Tonneau
- West Marine RIB 3.3m
- Mercury 9.9hp
Running rigging and sails:
- Mainsheet (4:1 purchase)
- Mainsheet traveller line (4:1 purchase)
- Main boom topping lift
- Mainsail outhaul and 2 reefs
- 2 x Genoa sheets
- 3 x Halyards (main, genoa & spare)
- 2012 Quantum mainsail with Antal system
- 2013 Quantum genoa on Profurl Titanium c420 furling system
- Sparcraft natural anodized mast
- Sparcraft natural anodized crossbeam
- Windex wind indicator
- Profurl genoa furler
- Fully battened mainsail complete with (2) reefs (Quantum))
- 130% Furling genoa
- Winch handle pocket
- Compass: Plastimo Horizon 135
- Raymarine ST60+ Depth sounder
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind instruments.
- VHF: Standard Horizon (new 2010)
- Raymarine C97 Chartplotter (new 2014)
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
- AIS: Raymarine A700 (New 2018)
- Outdoor movie screen for projector
- Stereo/ CD: Sony Marine CDX H910UI
- TV/DVD: Coby 19"TV with integrated DVD
- Extensive selection of tools (metric and imperial)
- Various spare parts for watermaker, electrical, fresh water system, head systems, fiberglass repair, etc.
- Filters, oil, impellers, and belts for Yanmar main engines, Northern Lights generator, and Mercury outboard
- (2) anchors for dinghy, foot pump
- (6) basic orange pdfs, (2) harnesses with jackline tethers
- Various flares and other emergency gear
- (1) 6-man liferaft with current inspection (1) commercial 12-man liferaft last inspected in 2016
- (2) fishing poles
- (4) 20-liter diesel jerry cans, (1) 20-liter petrol jerry can
- Various spare lines
- Boat hook
- Propane grill and (2) propane tanks
- Various pillows and blankets
- All galley basics plus a bread maker, ice maker, and instant pot pressure cooker
- DVD player
- Electric keyboard
For more information please contact Anna at +61 420 882 296 or email us at email@example.com
***Nautilus Yacht Management is a boutique yacht brokerage specialising in premium quality cruising yachts around the world. We assist cruisers find a new home for their yacht at the end of their voyage, and help new cruisers finding the perfect boat for their needs.
All our yachts are submitted to multipoint safety and quality verification checks, and the use of dedicated escrow account for USD, AUD and EURO currencies, so that you can be safe at any stage of your purchase.
Call us today for more information or if you have any questions or concerns when purchasing a boat far from home. Our agency provides assistance with the logistics of purchasing a yacht abroad, including surveys, delivery, insurance, registration and import.