With 23 boats in the Signature range there is a Signature that is perfect for you. Following the introduction of the 602F, 543RF and 502RF our busy R&D department have completed the latest in the Signature line up the Signature 502DF. The first showing of this new model will be at the 2011 Melbourne boat show.
The Haines family have been building boats for more than 50 years but it is the fishing boats that they have really relished developing. No R&D trip was complete without throwing a line over the side and testing the new model for practicality, comfort and ‘fishability’. Winning many awards over the years has been testament to the success of this approach and the 502DF is the latest model off the production line to benefit.
The Signature 502DF is a smaller boat with bigger features. The deck space feels much bigger than you would expect from a 5 metre boat and it fishes like a bigger boat. It is stable at rest and yet rides softly, both of these feature are thanks to the patented SVDH (Signature Variable Deadrise Hull). There is also heaps of storage space.
It is a purpose built fishing boat and it fulfils the Signature design and manufacturing motto which is “Build it as if you are going to own it”. Hainesy drummed this in to every employee time and time again and with so many experienced boat builders on the factory floor you can be sure your boat has been put together by ‘craftsmen’ not ‘cheap labour’. This is a true Australian fishing boat.
The stand out feature of any Day Fisher is the walk through windscreen and forward hatch that gives access to the bow and anchor. When closed it gives shelter or storage in the form of a cuddy cabin. The DF also features a higher set windscreen to give that extra protection from the elements.
The 502DF it has the following stand out features:
– 25 inch transom.
– A Walk through transom with transom door (or fish landing gate!).
– At approx 1170kgs towing weight this boat does not need a 4×4.
– A modern dash to suit up to 10” screen electronics.
– Fitted Tallon receivers to suit Tallon accessories.
– A 12 volt power plug.
– Battery isolation switch.
– An auto bilge pump as standard.
– Foam filled.
– A high freeboard for safety.
– 100 litre fuel tank.
– There are large volume stowage areas in the bow.
– There are toe holds under the side boxes for that extra security when bringing fish over the side or comfort while holding a rod.
– The helm is in a perfect position for either stand up or sit down driving positions.
– Carling switches as standard.
– A dedicated stereo space on dash (stereo optional).
– A fold down lounge (optional).
– Transom step with recessed ladder (optional).
As with all Signatures you will only feel the real benefits when you have been out on the water in one and when you have owned one and realise how good the quality is and therefore the resale value.
With a Signature you also get a genuine 10+2 year warranty (10 year structural, 2 year parts) where you don’t need to be super paranoid about the fine print or whether the company will still be in business in a few years.
The Signature 502DF is already rolling off the production lines with our dedicated team of Australian boat builders at our south east Queensland factory and is available to order from your local Signature dealer.