By Ben Gaze
Welcome to NSW Marine Brokers where we profile businesses in the marine industry through a regular series of Q&A’s
Name: Paul Miletta
Company: Q7 Marine
Job Title: Director
(1) How, where and when did the Marine industry find you or Why did you choose a career in the marine Industry
I joined the industry 3 1⁄2 years ago, I came from the Motor industry and wanted to develop my passion for boating, I have grown up in around boats and enjoy every minute of it.
(2) What is your current role and what do you actually do? or What does your average work day involve ?
My role is company director, My day to day duties mainly involve selling,. And admin.
(3) What is your favorite part of the job?
Fortunately because of our location we play a great role with first time boaters, generally coming from a trailer boat to a larger power boat kept at a berth, I enjoy being a part of the sale and sharing the excitement of the months ahead….
(4) As a broker/dealer how can you best help people that are new to boating?
The fact that we are always on site re assures any buyers that we can be contacted under any conditions to assist in berthing and any other issues that may arise. We also pass on all our trades for any future work required that will also save our client money…ie antifoul, servicing, cleaning etc.
(5) What industry groups or networks are you a part of?
BIA, Marine Brokers association,
(6) If you have competed in a marine related sport what are some of your achievements?
Various Game fishing competitions
(7) Tell us about some of the boats/yachts you have owned (First boat?)
My first boat was a Riviera 3000 Offshore, One of the classics was a Riva Super Florida with a single 307 Chev….a work of art.
(8) What is your current boat ?
Riviera 4000 offshore and a Clearwater 1800s Centre Console great Harbour all rounder..
(9) If you could have any boat, what would it be?
Palm Beach 50 Motor Yacht
(10) Where is the best place to go boating in Australia ?