8 Raw bugs
1 kg Large green Prawns
500g Baby Squid tubes, cleaned
1/2 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
5 tablespoons lemon juice
120g rocket leaves
1 cos lettuce
50g baby spinach leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 lime, juiced
1 small chilli, chopped finely
1. Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and sear fish/seafood until golden brown . Remove and set aside.
2. Add onion, celery, leeks, garlic and tomato and saute until translucent.
3. Deglaze pan with white wine, add stock, spices and fish sauce and reduce.
4. Add seafood and simmer until cooked.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread to tenderise some crusty old sailors who sea-food and eat it!
Enjoy m’ hearties!!!
Thank you – J & M Lilley